The corrective decree to Legislative Decree 101/2020 has been published
The supplementary and corrective provisions of Legislative Decree 101/2020 have been published and will enter into force on 18 January 2023. The 74 articles of the new Legislative Decree 203/2022 aim to implement specific observations made by the European Commission in order to resolve the critical elements that emerged in the first phase of implementation of Legislative Decree 101/2020, as well as to correct typos and inconsistencies in the first draft.
The modifications and additions to Legislative Decree 101/2020 concern, in addition to the annexes, also the following titles:
- Title II e III - definitions and competent authorities
- Title IV - natural sources of ionizing radiation
- Title VI - legal regime for the import, production, trade, transport and possession of radioactive material
- Title VII - authorization regime and provisions for radioactive waste
- Title X - safety of nuclear installations and spent fuel and radioactive waste management installations
- Title XI - workers' exhibition
- Title XII - exposure of the population
- Title XIII - medical exhibitions
- Title XV - particular situations of existing exposure
- Title XVI - sanctioning system
- Title XVII - transitional and final provisions
In addition, Legislative Decree 203/2022 has also made changes to the following regulations:
- Legislative Decree 3 April 2006, n. 152, relating to environmental regulations;
- Presidential Decree 13 March 2013, no. 59, relating to the discipline of the single environmental authorization and simplifications of administrative obligations in environmental matters.
We point out that the adoption of this legislative decree introduces clarifications, corrections and additions necessary to guarantee the full compliance of our legal system with Directive 2013/59/Euratom and thus arrive at the closure of the infringement procedure n. 2018/2044.